We are hiring!
PhD candidate and postdoc applications are welcome.
Our group is working on data-intensive problems in biomedicine by combining machine learning, statistical and other computational methods. Image data and deep learning solutions represent an important part of our research projects. We also devise new bioinformatic and analytical solutions for integrative, systems biology analyses involving large-scale sequence and proteome data. Topics include analysis of cancer tissue data obtained from patient samples and study of mechanisms of ageing in model organisms. All projects involve collaborations with experimental and medical partners located in Cologne and at the Charité hospital Berlin. The successful candidate will be working in an international and interdisciplinary scientific environment in the heart of cosmopolitan, lively, historical city.
- MSc degree in computer science, physics, bioinformatics, or a related field,
- good knowledge of programming (python, R),
- experience with computation on cluster architectures,
- experience with machine learning is preferred,
- great communication skills, capacity of working in a team and in an interdisciplinary environment.
- analysis of large-volume and multi-modal biological data,
- implementation of computational pipelines including existing machine learning methods,
- development of new analytical and ML solutions dedicated to resolving specific biomedical problems,
- communication with medical and experimental collaboration partners.
- opportunity to apply and develop cutting-edge machine learning and computational technologies to resolve timely medical and scientific problems,
- lively, collaborative, and international multi-disciplinary working environment where colloquial and working language is English,
- development and networking through participation in workshop and conferences both ML and biomedical
Please email your application including CV, cover letter, and contact to 2 references.